PLMA is working closely with officials at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and the Rosemont Department of Public Safety to ensure we provide the best event possible to all trade show participants. We will adhere to CDC guidelines as well as local mandates to keep everyone at the event healthy and safe.
Accordingly, we have developed a comprehensive plan of protocols for the event. This includes the following:
• Vaccine or negative Covid test requirements: All trade show participants will be required to provide proof of a Covid-19 vaccination and/or negative Covid-test results. Proper identification is necessary to enter the Show.
• Pre‐registration is required to eliminate long registration lines. All attendees must be pre‐registered for the show and use PLMA’s Express Check‐in system; Electronic registration vouchers may be scanned from mobile devices for fast badge pick‐up.
• We will strictly manage the physical space for density control. This includes opening additional facility passageways to access the event, modifications to the show floor configuration, and create wider aisles and larger spaces in high‐traffic areas.
• Utilize live video streaming technology to transmit online the Keynote Breakfast and Retail Trends presentations taking place at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel. These sessions will also be available to attendees for on‐demand viewing on laptops or mobile devices.
• New Product Expo Showcase will be relocated to larger space in the lobby and PLMA’s Idea Supermarket will be available in video format only and presented on monitors.
• The Convention Center will increase the frequency of its sanitation and disinfectant practices and has positioned hand sanitizer stations in key areas throughout its facility.
• Air quality improvements: Building HVAC filter system has been upgraded, filters are replaced frequently, and additional fresh air is brought into the premises.
• Food sampling is allowed. Gloves and mask are required during preparation and service. Food needs to be in single use containers when distributed. Also, hand sanitizer must be placed near all sampling stations.
• Anyone feeling flu‐like symptoms ‐‐ such as cough, fever, cold, sore throat, general weakness ‐‐ should not visit the Show.
• Personnel qualified in identifying and recognizing the signs, symptoms and prevention of virus spread will be on‐site as will paramedics and medical staff.
• PLMA will follow CDC recommendations regarding facial coverings and masks as well as comply with all relevant local and state mandates throughout the duration of the Show.
• Safety First Protocols will be updated as needed and shared promptly with registered attendees.
*Updated November 22